Michigan 420 Guide
Getting the most out of 4/20/21
The biggest holiday on the cannabis calendar is of course 4/20 & we’ve put together a Michigan-specific guide to some of the fun on tap for the “High Holy Day”.
Have something we missed? Drop us a line!
Lansterdam from the City Pulse
The Lansing City Pulse has been highlighting Capitol City area recreational & medicinal cannabis shops in their Lansterdam section.
They also have a wide range of features like the answer to the question “What makes your pot shop better than all the rest?” & Noble Road, which is using the old Roma Bakery and Deli to make edibles.
Metro Times 420 Issue
The Detroit Metro Times has released their 4/20 Issue which includes a 4/20 Gift guide with some of their favorite flower, edibles & accessories.
Some highlights include Fluresh’s Fast-Acting Drink Enhancer, CBD bath bombs, and Michigan handcrafted caramel brand Dream Edibles!
Pictured right are some of the awesome cannabis accessories from Detroit-based Verdeux that was a subject of a recent Metro Times feature.
Tune in, Turn on, Smoke down
There are a number of online events we’ve got our eye on including comedian Doug Benson’s Comedy Sesh live show at 7:20 PM (aka 4:20 PST), Berner’s Couch Locked By Cookies – 420 Comedy Special at 6 PM, and Even Higher Together from Weedmaps featuring Snoop Dogg.
For sure tune into Jazz Cabbage Cafe at 4 for their excellent show. One we’re particularly looking forward to is the StreamSesh Benefit for Last Prisoner Project which kicks off at noon. The viewership cost is $4.20 and the lineup features: Cappadonna (Wu-Tang Clan), Organically Good Trio (members of Slightly Stoopid, John Brown’s Body, and Dub Apocalypse), Dub FX, Crooked Coast, David Starfire and much more including livestream guests Steve and Andrew DeAngelo from the Last Prisoner Project.
Also check out the excellent documentary Mary Janes: The Women of Weed. Enter MJREDCARPET at checkout for 20% off merchandise bundles!
Michigan Dank Brews
mLive’s feature on “dank Michigan beers” is a good place to look if you’re seeking a brew that echoes the flavor & aroma of marijuana even though cannabis cannot currently be used in alcohol products in Michigan. They highlight some beers from our favorite Michigan brewers including Treefer Madness and Psychedelic Cat Grass from Short’s Brewing, Fuzzy Nugs & One Hitter Wonder from Rockford Brewing, 31 Planes from Stormcloud & I Did Not Inhale from Presidential Brewing (tho we really think they did in fact inhale!).
So what is it about beer that aligns so closely with cannabis?
“If you’re a hop fan, you already know that Humulus Lupulus (hops) and Cannabis Sativa (cannabis) are close cousins that reside in the Cannabaceae family,” said Brian Tennis, owner of Michigan Hop Alliance. “They share aromatic compounds called terpenes, which is why a lot of a resinous IPAs smell like good herb.”
Deals, Deals, Deals!
Pretty much every pot shop on the planet is gearing up for a huge day tomorrow with product specials & special events. Here’s a few that caught our eye:
- Ann Arbor is packed with dispensaries & mLive has a great listing of some of their 420 specials.
- The Freep has a good rundown on Detroit area cannabis deals.
- Jars Cannabis has several locations in Michigan & are offering 30% off storewide (4/20 only) plus a Free JARS 420 Limited Edition T-shirt to the first 200 customers!
- Fleurish of Grand Rapids will be hosting a drive-through celebration with 12 licensed local vendors allowing you to drive by different brands’ tents to pick up branded swag, samples, and more.
- Great Lakes Holistics is having a 4/20 Blowout with music, food & giveaways. The deals look pretty amazing too!
- Skymint of Hazel Park will be giving away some gigantic joints – these are no joke!
- A bonus that many dispensaries are offering is the Sensi Magazine 420 Gift Bag – click the pic to see all the locations because this bag looks pretty sweet!
- Head over to our Michigan Recreational Cannabis Map to check the deals at dispos near you!