Foraging with Country Roots & Friends ~ May 18 & 19th near Big Rapids
EDITOR’S NOTE: While this is not specifically a cannabis event, Chris of Country Roots is one of Michigan’s very best growers and he is joined by some really exceptional foragers & natural farming wizards! You WILL learn invaluable lessons that make you not only a better grower, but also more in tune with the rhythms of natural world around you and enjoy getting to know one of Michigan’s coolest canna communities!
May is foraging season and a GREAT time of year to prepare for the summer by learning to Forage with Country Roots & Friends!
Join Chris of Country Roots and other natural farming stewards May 18 & 19, 2024 including Leyna of Shatterbake Studios (Apothecary Specialist), Sean of Rising Moon Medicinals (Natural Farmer), Ben of Dharmic Being (Natural Farmer) with more to announce. They will break down the gardening program and lifestyle they love on the farm in an educational event that allows everyone a chance to get their hands on the plants and into the soil. You may partake in helping first-hand as much or little as you desire and enjoying some local grown, farm fresh foods to bring in the experience together.
Day and Weekend Passes are available to include food and optional tent camping at the farm. A VIP stay in the guest tiny house (sleeps up to 3-5) and camper (sleeps 2-5) will be available on a first come, first serve basis. State Forest Camping (no charge) is an option within 1-mile of the farm, as well as several other campgrounds throughout the region that work for tents or travel trailers. Email them at email@example.com or through social media with any questions you may have & get tickets & more information on the Country Roots website.
Saturday May 18, 2024
- NOON – 1:00pm Introductions to Natural Farming
- 1:00pm – 2:00pm Natural Inputs & Use
- 2:00pm – 3:00pm Medicinal Plants & Use
- 3:00pm – 4:00pm Wonderful World of Fungi/ Mushroom ID & Use
- 4:00pm – 6:00pm Nature Walk Foraging/ Farm Tour
- 6:00pm – 8:00pm Dinner (Chicken & Vegetable Mustard Curry served with Rice and Wraps; may eat with or without chicken)
- 8:00pm Bonfire Gathering
Sunday, May 19, 2024
- 7:00am – 9:00am Nature Walk Foraging/ Farm Tour
- 9:00am – 10:00am Crafting Natural Inputs
- 10:00am – 11:00am Crafting Tinctures
- 11:00am – 12:00pm Composting & Worm Farming
- Noon – 1:00pm Brunch (Soups & Sandwiches)
- 1:00pm – 3:00pm Garden Preparations, Maintenance & Property Management
- 3:00pm – 4:00pm Potting & Planting Strategies
- 4:00pm Last Words/ Best Wishes